The SPPDF-01 is a Development Suite for the dual channel SPPDM-01 FIR filter platform. This provides a user-friendly design environment for development of Digital FIR filter solutions in the audio frequency range from 100 Hz to 20 kHz. By combining The MatLabTM mathematical engine environment and the SPPDF-01 development software, the suite enables the design engineer to take advantage of a proven hardware platform with a built in FIR filter to quickly and easily configure dual-channel application specific FIR filter solutions.
In a small 2" x 2" footprint, the versatile dual channel SPPDM-01, the brains of the SPPDF-01, provides two fully programmed FIR filters. After loading the filter coefficient sets via the SPPDB-01 development board, the SPPDM-01 can be easily removed and inserted directly into a production subassembly. This capability significantly reduces the time it takes to produce finished product solutions. SPPDM-01's combine 24-bit A/D's and D/A's with a powerful DSP, 4 megabits of flash memory and 256k bits of EEPROM for applications requiring low signal-to-noise ratios of > 96 dB, channel-to-channel phase match of 0.01º, and 9-bits of tuning per channel.
By utilizing the SPPDF-01 suite of products, design engineers have all the hardware and software tools to design, prototype and implement a broad range of FIR filter solutions in a standard footprint and form factor. This product development approach significantly reduces the time it takes to
- Significantly reduces product development time by incorporating design and production capabilities into a single subassembly solution.
- Minimizes design time by offering standard and custom solutions in a universal footprint and pin-out.
- Combines small size and precision performance through the integration of real-time analog and DSP technology.
- Provides cost effective design flexibility by allowing engineers to easily revise products through software upgrades without replacing the hardware.
PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER:
- Personal Computer
- MatLabTM V5.3 or V6.0, for FIR filter design.
SPPDF-01 DEVELOPMENT SUITE:
- SPPDM-01 - Dual Channel FIR Filter Platform
- SPPDB-01 - Development Board hardware
- SPPDF-01 - FIR Filter Design Suite, which utilizes the SPPDM-01 and SPPDB-01 hardware along with CDDF-01 software.
- CDDF-01 - Software includes; example FIR filters, a MatLabTM GUI linking the system to the MatLabTM engine V5.3 or V6.0, FIR filter development object code, a coefficient file loading utility, library files, documents and a User's manual.
- DB9 RS232 Cable
OTHER FIR FILTER OPTIONS:
- SPPPF-01: A family of turnkey FIR filters available in a set of standard ranges.
- Custom FIR Filters: Turnkey FIR filters can be produced for the added cost of writing the code, see SPPPF datasheet.